Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Nissan Quest design

monk1942monk1942 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Nissan
I was thinking ugly cars were going away with the demise of the Ford Flex. Now the 2015 quest comes out. Do the designers show the model to people and get their opinions before going to production? This is one seriously ugly vehicle doomed to be listed with the Pacer and Aztec.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    Looks better to me than my brother's Odyssey with the kink in it. It is hard to beat the simple styling that my '99 Quest had.

You would think they'd get around to hiding the sliding door tracks though. The fold flat floor isn't exactly "flat" like my '09 Grand Caravan.

But seriously ugly? Not even by minivan's low standards.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I'm not a big fan of the square-ish back end of the Quest, but I'm not sure I'd call is seriously ugly. ;)

My wife had a Pacer as a company car at one point, and I didn't consider it "ugly". It sure was different tho. And it was ORANGE to boot!
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    edited December 2014
    The previous Quest was much uglier than the current one, which is now just kind of awkward. The previous one also had the clunky interior aesthetics and materials of some 2004-ish Nissan products. The new one appears to be more upscale.
  • Options
    fintail said:

The previous Quest was much uglier than the current one, which is now just kind of awkward. The previous one also had the clunky interior aesthetics and materials of some 2004-ish Nissan products. The new one appears to be more upscale.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I know someone who absolutely loves the Cube. Go figure!
  • Options
    Now this is a Nissan - makes the Quest look staid by comparison:

2015 Nissan Murano Road Test.

• Options
    Yea, I like the Murano, especially in that "root beer" color
  • Options
    I'm bummed that the Cross-Cabriolet is going away. B)