Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Yukon Battery

djones30227djones30227 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in GMC
Hi my GMC Yukon wouldn't crank up tonight. I tried jump starting it and nothing. Went and bought a new battery and still nothing. No lights nothing. Tried jumping again with the new battery and it started right up. As I was driving down the street on my way home the lights started blinking., the doors started locking and unlocking on their own and the car's engine started to fade in and out. When I finally made it home after stopping several times without shutting off the engine and I turned off the engine everything went dead immediately. I have not tried to jump start it again yet. This all started tonight with no warning signs. Any idea what is going on?

Comments

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Really bad cable connection or alternater failing
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Yea, the battery is new, but make sure the clamps are clean and connected properly to the battery (all the way down on the post, etc) Electrical gremlins can be caused by the strangest little things. I had a cracked fuse, not burned out, in a car once that would cause the dome light to come on when I stepped on the brakes. Weird.