Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Vibration from underneath. - Cobalt

digger187digger187 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
Hey guys,

New to this forum, hoping to get some help.

Got a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS, just shy of 96k miles. Just recently it started vibrating loudly from the front end somewhere. Unfortunately, it's speed related, so I can replicate it at a stand still (at least not yet, read further).

It gets higher pitched as I go faster, and doesn't really become noticeable until about 20mph when accelerating. Thought it might have been wind on the license plate: took it off, that's not it. Thought it might have been something loose underneath vibrating against the frame, but couldn't find anything suspect.

I will be propping the front end up in a couple of days to get the wheels running to see if I can replicate it, but until then I was hoping to see if anyone might know what this is before then. Wheel bearings maybe?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    doitmyself4doitmyself4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Cobalt and it did the same thing. My ex jacked the car up and fixed it. He said it was the splash guard underneath that had loosened up. He tightened it and I have no more trouble with it.
  • Options
    digger187digger187 Member Posts: 2
    I'll take another look around underneath and see if something is loose. Was it near the front or underneath on your car?

Thanks for the input!