Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Rubber Trim Issue - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Ram
imageRubber Trim Issue - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Not much has gone wrong with our Ram so far, but some trim recently came loose from one of the rear doors that required a quick fix.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to think that Chrysler's cars have gotten better in terms of build quality, but this LT Ram (as well as the old LT Dodge Dart) would make me very wary of buying either of those models. Granted, some of it could be equated to first-year quality control issues, but for me, things like sticking door handles and detaching rubber trim would be unacceptable on a relatively new car, no matter what.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    "Granted, some of it could be equated to first-year quality control issues,"

Well if Fiat Chrysler have quality control issues with door handles and rubber trim due to first year issues (how long have cars had these two pieces) imagine the problems the new 3.0 Diesel Engine is going to have. Chrysler and GM still have serious issues when it comes to build quality. Ford seems to have a more consistent build quality.
  • Options
    mr_botsmr_bots Member Posts: 236
    First-year quality control issues? This body style is going into it's 6th model year, 3rd since the mid-life updates.
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208

"Granted, some of it could be equated to first-year quality control issues,"

Well if Fiat Chrysler have quality control issues with door handles and rubber trim due to first year issues (how long have cars had these two pieces) imagine the problems the new 3.0 Diesel Engine is going to have. Chrysler and GM still have serious issues when it comes to build quality. Ford seems to have a more consistent build quality.

mr_bots said:

First-year quality control issues? This body style is going into it's 6th model year, 3rd since the mid-life updates.

I was referring to the LT Dart when I referenced first-year issues. I'm pretty sure that the Dart Edmunds had was from the current generation's first model year.
  • Options
    jbowen52jbowen52 Member Posts: 1
    Strange, I haven't had any problem like this so far after a year and a half. Did the door possibly get frozen shut at one point? That could have caused it to pull out.