Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Detroit Auto Show: 2016 Lincoln MKX (FAQ)| Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Lincoln
image2015 Detroit Auto Show: 2016 Lincoln MKX (FAQ)| Edmunds.com

Lincoln continues to redefine its place in the luxury market with the 2016 MKX, an all-new second generation of its midsize crossover.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    It looks like a whale out of water. Not a luxury vehicle at all. When is Ford going to build a true Luxury car? FWD turbo V6 maybe you can fool the Europeans with that trash but We want a REAL American Luxury car the kids might call them boats but they road well, gas mpg was inline with other luxury Euro cars and they lasted a long time. I'm taking a V8 RWD car Towncar was great and comfort no Ford/Lincoln today have no GM/Cadillac has no Euro trash has. REAL LUXURY
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Frankly the new Edge looks much better. Lincoln still has a long way to go. I hope Ford is looking at better platforms for Lincoln. My suggestion is they partner with Jag and use their RWD/AWD car platforms for future Lincoln sedans since it seems they are incapable (or unwilling) of developing their own dedicated platform.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I don't think it looks bad at all. Hopefully Lincoln/Ford is ramping up it's game to compete a little better. Now, bring on a truly revamped/new Navigator and then we're really talking.
  • quickster7quickster7 Member Posts: 4
    Wow, its amazing the dislike for this particular vehicle especially for the Lincoln badge. The Acura MDX has the hideous looking nose beck grille while the Lexus has the spindle grille which looks like Starscream of the movie the Transformer. The look of this SUV kinda reminds me of the Audi Q5 as well as the MKC. Lincoln needs to have a longer warranty similar to Hyundai or 5 years 50,000 thousand miles comprehensive warranty which includes free maintenance just to ease the minds of would be buyers. Lincoln doesn't have the greatest quality reputation. Next, price it several thousand less than it's main rival. I like the Lincoln mind set of how the MKX looks like a bigger version of the MKC. Now, the Navigator should be style the same but just a little bigger than the MKX. Make the next MKS a rear wheel drive sports sedan to compete with Lexus GS series, Mercedes Benz E-class, Audi A6,
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Aside from two miscues I like the exterior. It's modern without being too generic. Unfortunately, those two miscues make the whole package tough to swallow. One, I can't quite get used to the split grill. Two, those front-to-back creases in the hood recall failed 1990s Chrysler models.
  • jiml10jiml10 Member Posts: 2
    As a luxury brand, Lincoln is a dead company. While Cadillac and Buick bring their luxury sedans to the show and clearly state their vision, Lincoln drags in another non-selling SUV and pick-up truck... both vehicles dead on arrival. Lincoln has absolutely nothing for North America, so why did they even show up. It's a shame that such a luxury icon has gone down the toilet.