Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Heated Seat and Steering Wheel - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Jeep
imageHeated Seat and Steering Wheel - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited has two level heated seats and a heated steering wheel.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    82 degrees out. Boy, you really gave those items the acid test.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited December 2014
    There is always a balance point between can they do something, and whether they should do something. With all of the historical issues manufacturers have had with the clock spring for the airbag system, putting enough current through yet another circuit in one of them that can heat a steering wheel should have a lot of people shaking their heads. Just saying...
  • Options
    daver10daver10 Member Posts: 4
    Our 2014 JGC's heated steering wheel stopped working (as well as other stuff) today, and make my day even better the air bag light went on. So, to thecardoc3 you are probably spot-on that the steering wheel fault simultaneously caused my airbag warning light because its circuitry was damaged. So, it's off to the dealer for visit number 14+ since purchasing it new. I'm fairly handy with cars and I've also bought a lot of cars through the years, but this one tops them all with problems. So, I'm thinking the only way to get satisfaction is to take Jeep to court...