Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Climate Control Recirc Button Woes - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Lexus

imageClimate Control Recirc Button Woes - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

The seats in our 2015 Lexus RC F look very aggressive at first glance. Turns out they're actually quite comfortable for the daily commute.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    redskinsdmvredskinsdmv Member Posts: 52
    I think you touched on what this car is ultimately going to end up being, a compromise. That's not a bad thing by any means. The RCF will not be an uber-performance car even though that's how it's touted. It will try to strike a balance between performance and being a good daily driver, while maintaining Lexus reliability.
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208

I think you touched on what this car is ultimately going to end up being, a compromise. That's not a bad thing by any means. The RCF will not be an uber-performance car even though that's how it's touted. It will try to strike a balance between performance and being a good daily driver, while maintaining Lexus reliability.

If this turns out to be the case, it's probably the best for Lexus. Brand loyalty is a real thing, especially among German sports car. Most buyers that continually buy BMWs, Audis, or MBs will stay with their brand, especially the models from higher performance lines like BMW M, Audi S/RS, and AMG. I think this car will prove to be a good middle ground that will help Lexus gain some new customers while still appealing to their loyal fanbase of people that want well-made and reliable cars. Even if Lexus doesn't have the athletic pedigree of its German rivals, they've always done well at making cars that are impeccably made and comfortable to drive on a daily basis. If they can keep these traditional qualities while throwing in a healthy dose of athleticism, they've managed pretty well IMO.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Glad they are comfortable, but in red with that crowded stitching it just somehow strikes me as the open rib cage from some horror flick. They look a little too...organic and raw.
  • Options
    apex_itapex_it Member Posts: 6
    They looked more over "styled" than aggressive to me. Too many lines of stitching, etc.
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    Like the car, but too many dollars means I will likely never own one.