Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Scuffed - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Ford
imageScuffed - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Ford Mustang GT had a close encounter with another vehicle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    Probably a woman driving a BMW.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

Probably a woman driving a BMW.

Right, because if it were a guy driving a pickup, he'd have smashed one of your plastic tail lights assemblies. What'd that cost you on the F-150? $887.25?
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    "The back. It's all screwed up."

No hyperbole or vagueness there. Glad it buffed out easily
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2015
    visiting my small hometown with my buddy i parked my then brand new mustang on the street. we were eating by a window (so i could keep an eye on it) and i saw a lady in a big cadillac prepare to parallel park behind my car. i joked to my friend, "watch this, she is gonna hit my car." and sure enough she bumped right into the back! then pulled off. so i ran out and saw a small scratch and threw my hands up in the air as she drove off. i then got in my mustang for the chase and she pulled over into another spot around the corner. i ran up to the door and when she opened the door i said, "mrs irvine?!!!"

she was one of the substitute teachers i had numerous times over the years in elementary school. my anger was deflated. later on we agreed for her to send me a $100 to have it buffed over by buddy that does body work.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Would love to have the Edmunds team bring some of the long term cars to NYC and park on the street for a week. You stop noticing this kind of thing after about 2 days.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I had a C5 convertible I took to Home Depot one time and parked in a regular spot up front. When I came out, some a-h had parked his Crown Vic so far forward in the space in front of me the his front bumper sat on top of the nose of my Corvette. I almost lost my marbles. I waited until he came out and he was just an old bitter codger, and when I told him what he did, he accused me of hitting his car! I was contemplating calling the cops or busting him in the chops, but he jumped in his car and took off. When he pulled out, there really werent' any marks on my car that I couldn't rub out with a rag, so I calmed down but what a tool that guy was.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    legacygt said:

Would love to have the Edmunds team bring some of the long term cars to NYC and park on the street for a week. You stop noticing this kind of thing after about 2 days.

Yep, pretty much par for the course in places like NYC, Chicago, Boston, Philly, etc. Several companies make flip down protectors that are held in place by the trunk. There is also the option of the stick on clear plastic paint protectors. But in general, if your car is going to be parallel parked on the street it is only a question of when your bumpers will get scratched, not if.

• Options
    veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57
    I recently came out of the store with a couple of bags I wanted to put in my trunk only to find a truck parked so close to the back of my car that I couldn't even open the trunk, much less stand behind my car. The guy had just parked and when I walked up and looked at how close he was, he said, "is there a problem?" as if I did something wrong.