Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for January - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Porsche
imageFuel Economy Update for January - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

What kind of mileage does our 2015 Porsche Macan get in day-to-day driving? Our latest mileage report has all the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rr811rr811 Member Posts: 4
    Wow this is a lot worse than what I expected. Is it anymore economical than a Cayenne?
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I don't know why you would expect much better than that, it's a 2 ton, 340 hp AWD SUV spending most of its time in heavy gas (and soul) sucking traffic.

Considering I get similar mileage out of my 1991 4 door S-10 Blazer with less than half the power and a much higher percentage of highway driving, I think that's actually pretty decent mileage.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "For the record, it switches to this warning when you're down to 10 miles of range." Who in their right mind runs a vehicle that low on gas?
  • Options
    The guys (always the guys) at Edmunds, they seem to relish determining how long they can drive past empty.
  • Options
    dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148

"For the record, it switches to this warning when you're down to 10 miles of range." Who in their right mind runs a vehicle that low on gas?

I do, I know my car's gas gauge very well, and I know how many miles it is to the next gas station...so why fuel up early?
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    Uh, traffic jams? Unexpected detours? Emergencies? There are a ton of reasons. I always fill up at around a quarter of a tank.

Also, your fuel pump is cooled by the gasoline around it, and it will undoubtedly run hotter if the fuel level is really low. Probably not enough to make a huge difference in its life, but still.

Also, "mind remaining distance" sounds so much more sophisticated than "low fuel."
  • Options
    Very British in a "mind the gap" way