Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

5,000 Miles - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Chevrolet
image5,000 Miles - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

We've already logged more than 5,000 miles on our 2015 Chevrolet Colorado midsize pickup. It's proving itself a popular and useful addition to the Edmunds.com long-term fleet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    This sums up the Colorado pretty well. It reminds me of the commercial in which a young bachelor working in the city walks out of his office building to his Colorado which awaits for adventure. I think GM is gonna have a huge hit on their hands with that type of consumer- young professionals who escape city life in their trucks but still want a practical commuter.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    ebeaudoin said:

I think GM is gonna have a huge hit on their hands with that type of consumer- young professionals who escape city life in their trucks but still want a practical commuter.

how big is that demographic?

i see it more as a primary vehicle for a retiree who owns a sporty car (as previously mentioned in another post, my friend's dad's daily driver who has a 2015 corvette in the garage) or as a primary vehicle for... well... maybe an outdoorsy type who isn't liberal enough to own a subaru, wants more refinement than a wrangler, and would have otherwise bought a body on frame SUV if they still existed, and doesn't want a family-oriented CUV.

i'm not sure how many of those there are. i see it mainly as a vehicle for older males who are sensible enough to know they don't need a full size truck but always wanted a truck for weekend duties.
  • Options
    sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    While it may seem odd, these types of trucks make great family vehicles. My wife's '06 Tacoma was our primary family vehicle when our kids were born since my '04 Jetta was just a little too small (My '13 CX-5 has since taken over primary family responsibilities). We added a Toneau cover to protect things in the bed, but it's easy to remove when we want to load up our bikes. We are starting to think about replacing the Taco in a couple of years and most certainly will be looking at the Colorado along with the upcoming Frontier and, of course the Tacoma. They may not be the biggest or most powerful beasts on the road, but man are these mid-size trucks handy to have around.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    It's really a mid width truck, not a mid size truck. It's almost as long as a full size 1/2 ton.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert