Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Good Navigation System Interface - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Volkswagen
imageGood Navigation System Interface - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds' long-term 2015 Golf GTI discusses the GTI's navigation system interface.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    BMW/MINI iDrive works the opposite way. I'm so used to it now, I find your description of what's "intuitive" to seem counter-intuitive. You can get used to almost anything, I guess.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2015
    Wow, this runs contrary to what seems like years of reviews stating how terrible VW's touchscreen systems are. Have they upgraded it for 2015? Or is the nav-specific interface an exception to the awfulness? (Or was it never that awful to begin with?)
  • Options
    tgrundketgrundke Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I kind of surprised that Edmunds thinks the Nav system in the new GTI is acceptable. Everyone that I know who has the nav system in the new GTI finds it to be the weakest point of an otherwise great car. Thankfully, the 2016 models will come with the updated version of the VW infotainment system that includes a larger screen (6.5"), higher resolution and much faster processor.