Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Parting Thoughts on Life With a Rear-Facing Convertible Car Seat - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Audi
imageParting Thoughts on Life With a Rear-Facing Convertible Car Seat - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

A rear-facing convertible car seat fit surprisingly well in our long-term 2015 Audi A3 sedan, but it's awfully cozy if you need to fit a second person in the backseat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jaguar36jaguar36 Member Posts: 15
    Better hope you don't have a second kid with your hypothetical A3, no way is that seat fitting behind the driver or passenger.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Am I the only one looking forward to the day when the trend shifts back to tires with more sidewall. Big wheels and and low profile tires have so many drawbacks (increased weight, more expensive tires, more expensive wheels, poor ride quality, curb rash) with the only benefit being the aesthetic appeal of big wheels and some imperceptible improvement in handling.
  • Options
    farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    @ legacygt - I would also love to have some more sidewall. Incredibly, it does happen. The previous generation Mercedes C class sedan had base 225/45-R17 tires. The new for 2015 C class has 225/50-R17 tires as the base wheel package. I could not believe it. It's not a huge change, but it's noticeable. In fact, it almost looks a little...odd, with the taller sidewall. I guess I'm used to all the rubber bands that pass as tires these days.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sometimes a dealer will swap "down" a set of wheels to a lower trim - those lower trims often have "better" tires that don't get ruined in potholes. Plus it's usually cheaper to replace those tires. Just have to watch the compatibility issues.

Another option is to talk to a local tire/wheel store. Sometimes people work out a deal where they take their brand new car immediately to the tire store and swap the wheels for an aftermarket set. The store takes the OEM wheels in trade and your out of pocket should be minimal.