Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Window Switch Reprogramming - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Jaguar
imageWindow Switch Reprogramming - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

We fixed the failed auto-up feature on the driver window of our 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    300zx_lover300zx_lover Member Posts: 7
    I just had to do the same thing with my brother's 2012 Jetta TDI. We disconnected the battery to reset the computer and later realized his auto window feature had stopped working.

Side note: In addition to his auto windows not working, traction control was also entirely off for about 1-2 minutes. This is interesting because in his car traction control is non-defeatable. With all the snow and ice in front of his house, it was the most fun minute he ever had with the car.
  • Options
    iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    I was thinking the same thing -- "reprogramming" -- when I saw the initial post. Hondas I've had in the past, and the VWs I have now all work in a very similar way. It's interesting that this one seemingly random feature is so consistent across brands.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Thought it was kind of shocking that the EIC there didn't know this.