Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Driver Space - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Audi
imageDriver Space - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Audi A3 used its front driver space well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    So basically the A3 is what the CLA was supposed to be. An entry level car with all the qualities of it's larger and more expensive siblings.
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    A3 TDI Sportback was shown in New York in 2014, supposed to be coming this summer as a 2016 model. It looks less wagon-like than the last one; smaller rear quarter windows, less rear overhang, some might say more sporty-looking. But some extra versatility as long as you're willing to pay for the diesel premium, as the gasoline engines apparently will not be available. I've seen nothing about quattro, which the TDI sedan does not offer.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893

So basically the A3 is what the CLA was supposed to be. An entry level car with all the qualities of it's larger and more expensive siblings.

Nice burn.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    As good as the A3 is compared to the CLA I still find it spartan/empty around the console. Everything in it reminds me someone saying "here's half the buttons and controls on the console because you can't afford a regular Audi" . Isn't it better to get a well equiped used A4 with about 20k miles for the same price as a used A3? Is that a fair question? See what I mean? http://www.eurocarnews.com/media/pictorials/1676/8692-web.jpg
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I actually like the A3's interior better; everything I need and well laid-out. The A4 is too big for me, and it weighs more but has the same power train.
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    banhugh said:

As good as the A3 is compared to the CLA I still find it spartan/empty around the console. Everything in it reminds me someone saying "here's half the buttons and controls on the console because you can't afford a regular Audi" . Isn't it better to get a well equiped used A4 with about 20k miles for the same price as a used A3? Is that a fair question? See what I mean? http://www.eurocarnews.com/media/pictorials/1676/8692-web.jpg

Personally, the blank buttons wouldn't bother me. Some of those options aren't even available in the US market. Plus, the A4 is pretty outdated now (2009-2015) and will probably be redesigned very soon, so it wouldn't make sense to buy even a lightly used A4 when it simply doesn't have all of the updated features and engineering that the A3 offers. As long as you aren't regularly carrying adults in the backseat, I think the A3 is a good pick for an entry-level luxury sedan. After all, it's about the same size as one of the earlier A4s, and I'm sure that car had enough space for plenty of people. That being said, I really wish Audi would bring the hatchback over with at least one TSI engine (preferably both, since the 1.8T is great, but the 2.0T + Quattro is even better). The TDI is fine, but some people simply don't want a diesel car. The hatchback would provide more cargo space, which would eliminate the only real flaw I can think of in the A3.