Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for February - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Ram
imageFuel Economy Update for February - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

We drove the 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 1,171 miles this month, but only 511 of them can be added to our fuel consumption log.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dvanosdvanos Member Posts: 52
    $3.45/gal for regular?? Let me guess SoCal?
  • Options
    nospark15nospark15 Member Posts: 2
    Dan, ask Ram's corporate engineers about Bosch CP 4.2 high pressure pump failures. They know about this problem and this is exactly what your truck succumbed to. Don't let them play dumb, you need to get it out in your review!
  • Options
    eurocarlover19eurocarlover19 Member Posts: 28
    $3.65 for premium? Guess I'll stop complaining of the $2.67 here in Atlanta
  • Options
    carguydarylcarguydaryl Member Posts: 27
    Diesel hasn't gotten cheaper, gas has shot up 60 cents to a dollar on the west coast because of "summer blend" fuel and supposedly a refinery fire in California somewhere. I watched unleaded at the gas station on the corner shoot up from 2.59 (after already creeping up) to 3.07 in just over a week, sometimes 15 cents a day. Gas prices in the western US are very volatile, especially in the upward direction.
  • Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    So much for low gas prices. Regular is over $1.20 a gallon more than in the Atlanta area. Gas prices went up nearly 30 cents a gallon in the past month. It was $1.99 in early Feb.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2015
    dvanos said:

$3.45/gal for regular?? Let me guess SoCal?

Yep. The Exxon/Mobil gasoline refinery in Torrance blew up a month ago and prices jumped up a buck a gallon what seemed like just one week. It caught fire again last night, so things aren't getting any better.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20150311/firefighters-douse-another-blaze-at-exxonmobil-refinery-in-torrance

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2015
    nospark15 said:

Dan, ask Ram's corporate engineers about Bosch CP 4.2 high pressure pump failures. They know about this problem and this is exactly what your truck succumbed to. Don't let them play dumb, you need to get it out in your review!

I'm still on it. But I think they saw something that makes them think it be something else. The high pressure pump was recovered, though.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    better gas mileage than my Outback but at least i dont have to pay for diesel fuel. but its "premium reccomended" and i use regular because the price difference right now is SO huge. i'm not paying 40 percent more for fuel to get 10 percent more milage.