Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Heated Steering Wheel - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Nissan
imageHeated Steering Wheel - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum comes standard with a heated steering wheel, a welcome feature no matter the ambient temperature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sockpuppet1969sockpuppet1969 Member Posts: 308
    That's great but how about some information on the heating function of the wheel itself. How long does it take to heat up? How warm does it get? Is the head distributed evenly?
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

That's great but how about some information on the heating function of the wheel itself. How long does it take to heat up? How warm does it get? Is the head distributed evenly?

If it's anything like the 2014 Maxima, it gets plenty hot within 3-4 minutes.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Just move to Phoenix and get it over with! :P
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

This of course is the point. It's like reviewing the headlight function after turning them on in the middle of the day.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I've never used a heated steering wheel, but it doesn't seem appealing. I've appreciated heated seats more than I would've expected, but I'm not sure that touching a hot steering wheel is what I want to do. Maybe its because I live in the South where summertime gives you scalding-hot steering wheels, but it just doesn't sound appealing. When I've gotten in a cold vehicle, my hands were never my concern either. Maybe its just me.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2015
    Maybe it's just because I've gotten older but I'd like one. Not quite Phoenix weather here but we did move back "south" partly for the heat.
  • Options
    tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    I can see a wheel heater would be nice as I've driven home from work alternating putting gloved hands between my legs with both the heat and seat heater on high. But then this does not have much to do with this post as it was 90 degrees colder.