Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Useful Fuel Station Information - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Volkswagen
imageUseful Fuel Station Information - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Trying to squeeze every last drop of gasoline from our 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI, we discovered a nifty feature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    Even better would be if it displayed prices at each station.
  • Options
    coxwillcoxwill Member Posts: 3
    Is that font comic sans?
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    7driver said:

Even better would be if it displayed prices at each station.

That's what GasBuddy is for :D
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Let me guess. As-the-crow-flies distance with no regard to what road you're on. I bet it shows stations that are "2 miles away", but in reality would take you 20 minutes to get there because there isn't a street the goes straight east 2 miles. I'm sure it doesn't account for traffic either. It's only helpful if it'll take into account those critical variables and finds you the station that takes the LEAST TIME to get there.
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    That font is awful. It does look a lot like Comic Sans. I hope it's customizable.
  • Options
    janet_kjanet_k Member Posts: 18
  • Options
    karmonkarmon Member Posts: 7
    My 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI has both gas stations & diesel stations on the GPS but I learned to NOT trust it. Having the diesel engine, I selected "diesel" and on 4 separate occasions it routed me to stations that do NOT carry diesel. Apparently never did. In 2 other cases it routed me to stations that were closed and both looked closed for many many years. I could see if the VW installed GPS was 5-6 years old but I was only at the 3-6 month mark! Poor info. for sure!
  • Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145

It's only helpful if it'll take into account those critical variables and finds you the station that takes the LEAST TIME to get there.

At least it has direction arrows. It really annoys me that on some systems I pull up a list of POI near me, tap the closest one and find out it is 1 mile behind me. Useless!
  • Options
    tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    My Highlander gives prices as well as two other low fuel warnings just to make sure.
  • Options
    rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    Please tell me you can turn this crap off? Can we not even be bothered to monitor a fuel gauge anymore?
  • Options
    socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    I have a similar feature on a newer GM and almost never use it. I don't mind when the low fuel level light comes on, a chime also sounds and it pops up with a warning on the screen but it would be better if you could turn these off or at the very least the warnings timed out after 15 or 20 seconds. If I wanted to use it I could touch the button to show stations but I've had it come up in the middle of navigation or when looking at media info and you have to reach over and dismiss it since it never goes away on its own.