Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rearview Camera - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Chevrolet
imageRearview Camera - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado's back-up camera offers a great view behind the truck until you open the tailgate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Well, yeah.
  • Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    Thanks for the insightful observation. I can go on but I won't....
  • Options
    squarefoursquarefour Member Posts: 24
    greg128 said:

LOL. Sense o' humor, guys! Besides, I bet we'd all be surprised at the number of people out there who really don't realize putting the tailgate down affects the camera.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    do the lines turn with the rotation of the steering wheel?
  • Options
    jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64

greg128 said:

LOL. Sense o' humor, guys! Besides, I bet we'd all be surprised at the number of people out there who really don't realize putting the tailgate down affects the camera.
    I think most of us have a sense of humor, that said, I think most of us are growing tired of stale/empty long term updates. The mustang has pony light mirrors, we hit the f-150 with a sledgehammer, the rearview camera doesn't work well with the tailgate down, we got bedliners, here is some lame fuel economy update, etc.. I want updates that actually have CONTENT, not fluff for the sake of being able to update the long term road test, I for one want to actually know what the vehicle is like.. not what options it has, or 900 mpg updates.
  • Options
    squarefoursquarefour Member Posts: 24

greg128 said:

I think most of us have a sense of humor, that said, I think most of us are growing tired of stale/empty long term updates. The mustang has pony light mirrors, we hit the f-150 with a sledgehammer, the rearview camera doesn't work well with the tailgate down, we got bedliners, here is some lame fuel economy update, etc.. I want updates that actually have CONTENT, not fluff for the sake of being able to update the long term road test, I for one want to actually know what the vehicle is like.. not what options it has, or 900 mpg updates.
    Well, if I were you, I'd cancel my subscription. Oh, wait! That's right, this isn't a pay service. No one (besides Edmunds and the advertisers) is paying for anything on here. Read it or don't, but don't act like you're owed something just for showing up.

• Options
    jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64

greg128 said:

Well, if I were you, I'd cancel my subscription. Oh, wait! That's right, this isn't a pay service. No one (besides Edmunds and the advertisers) is paying for anything on here. Read it or don't, but don't act like you're owed something just for showing up.

Oh wait, I realize it isn't a paid subscription.. Oh wait, advertisers like traffic... Oh wait, if they had better content they would most likely have more traffic... Oh wait, more traffic means more advertising $$...

I'm not owed anything. That said, I would like to visit Edmunds and be excited, rather than dissapointed that the updates are lame.
  • Options
    nissanrulenissanrule Member Posts: 5
    Another Garbage Manufacturing fail!
  • Options
    perrywhiteperrywhite Member Posts: 1
    I dunno, but it looks like it could make aligning up the hitch pretty easy.
  • Options
    robertslatez71robertslatez71 Member Posts: 20
    banhugh said:

do the lines turn with the rotation of the steering wheel?

Correct and we love it.. this helps me because I rely on driving backwards.. the camera and forward view screen allows me to keep everything in clear sight, but I've yet to see if the warning indication system goes off if I back up to close.. I would never get that close to cause the warning signal to alarm..
  • Options
    cranestevecranesteve Member Posts: 8
    my first back-up camera, i love it. maybe if i had the gate down most of the time, i would be upset. but with it up, its sweet.