Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Thanks For the Tip, But I'm Good - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Volkswagen
imageThanks For the Tip, But I'm Good - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

I'd like to thank our long-term 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI for the eco tip.

Read the full story here

Comments

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    You need to apologize to the environment first, then your fellows.
  • rosmossrosmoss Member Posts: 9
    That's a really busy speedo. Does it really need to go up to 180/280?
  • millemanmilleman Member Posts: 19
    rosmoss said:

It's a mystery to me why they reverted from the Mk6 speedo which was marked in MPH only, making even the silly 180mph less-busy. When in Canada you selected 'alt speed' from the menu and your speed in km/h would display on the screen between the dials.
  • g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    milleman said:

rosmoss said:

It's a mystery to me why they reverted from the Mk6 speedo which was marked in MPH only, making even the silly 180mph less-busy. When in Canada you selected 'alt speed' from the menu and your speed in km/h would display on the screen between the dials.
    milleman - I agree - we have a Mk6 GTI and a Tiguan and the MPH only is a cleaner look. We live on the border. so the MPH vs KPH is ingrained but the simple menu flip to a digital km/h read out was/is the perfect solution.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "As an avid left-foot braker and habitual jack rabbit starter..."

So we will hear no more complaints from you about gas mileage ever again, is that right? ;-)