Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Installing Child Safety Seats - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Chevrolet
imageInstalling Child Safety Seats - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

How well does a 2015 Chevrolet Colorado handle child safety seats? In this long-term update to Edmunds' 2015 Chevy Colorado we test several seats in different positions to find out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    Our kids are now out of the rear facing seats, but had both an infant seat and a rear facing converatble (Evenflo Sympnony) in my wife's '06 Tacoma. It was a little tight for me to ride in the passenger seat (I'm 6'5") but I didn't have to maneuver into an uncomfortable position. My wife is 5'3" and she had no problem with the position.

In fact, my complaint with the Tacoma has nothing to do with leg room. Due to my long torso, I have trouble seeing out of the windshield without ducking because of the way the roof slopes down. My '04 Jetta and the '13 CX-5 that replaced it are both much better in this regard.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Let's be blunt, almost NO vehicle is designed to take a rear facing child seat.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

Let's be blunt, almost NO vehicle is designed to take a rear facing child seat.

My wife and I had to compromise a little in our 2010 Odyssey! I'm 6'2", she's 5'10". With our rear-facing convertible seat behind the front passenger seat, she has to move the seat up a little bit. Not terribly uncomfortable, but the seat isn't all the way back.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Stated another way (since it's better to have the dog wagging the tail than the other way 'round), almost no rear-facing child seat is designed to fit into the average car.