Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hair-Saving Wind Deflector - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in BMW
imageHair-Saving Wind Deflector - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 BMW M235i Convertible includes a useful and well-executed wind deflector that is easy to install.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I can't believe they bother putting rear seats in this thing. I'd take the headrests out and store them underneath the wind deflector and call it a day.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "wind deflector can take care of the, well, wind. "

Think this "well" business is all used up. Time for another hip expression.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    fordson1 said:

Just sayin.

:)

• chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    A family member of mine has a last-gen Audi A4 cabrio and its wind deflector is pretty effective as well. I'd be curious to know if the deflector comes standard on all 2-series convertibles. A lot of manufacturers lump them in with packages or make them an optional accessory. They should really be standard, at least on a car that costs as much as the 235.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I want my convertible to mess up my hair. When I roll into work looking like a cross between Don King and a dust devil, people know I enjoyed my commute. While they had a mind numbing boring drive in their CUVs making mental notes on how to rearrange their sock drawers.

fordson1 said:

Just sayin.

:)

I lol'ed.

I want my convertible to mess up my hair. When I roll into work looking like a cross between Don King and a dust devil, people know I enjoyed my commute. While they had a mind numbing boring drive in their CUVs making mental notes on how to rearrange their sock drawers.

Lol'ed again.
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    So many people get convertibles and don't want the breeze on them. Why did you get a convertible? You see them going down the road, top down, windows up (a ridiculous look), and covered up with a hat and scarf. Just get a Camry ...
  • whobodymwhobodym Member Posts: 190
    my A5 is so calm inside, even at 70mph, that the main thing the deflector is good for is making the back seat safe for miscellaneous road-trip junk on a long trip. I never use it, commuting.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    In the one and only VW I ever owned (brought in via marriage) our New Beetle convertible had a very similar deflector. I don't think it hardly made any difference in terms of calming the wind. So glad I dumped that car first chance I got. After a dozen visits to the dealer to fix rattling, I sold it ASAP when the power convertible top started getting unreliable. It was a fun looking car, but I had the feeling it was going to become a huge money pit.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    as a (presumably) miata owner you know that extended drives in convertibles can be some what tiring. the constant wind noise and buffering and sun on your head...

short trips around town, on a cloudy day, 75 degrees, are the best. trips of 2 hours or more are more enjoyable for my wife and i when we prepare against the elements. there is still plenty of fresh air and freedom with hats on and windows up.

if you want constant wind in your hair and sun on your face why didn't you just go to the beach?
    miata52 said:

So many people get convertibles and don't want the breeze on them. Why did you get a convertible?

• nomercy346nomercy346 Member Posts: 69
    s197gt said:

if you want constant wind in your hair and sun on your face why didn't you just go to the beach?

huh? far fetched much? :D that's like telling someone who bought a Jeep "if you want to enjoy the outdoors why didn't you just go hiking"

I agree with @miata52, if I bought a convertible the windows would go down with the roof....
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    My wife loves the windblocker attachment for our EOS. Some days you (mainly I) want the full force of wind swirling around. Other times like going out to dinner on a nice night or somewhere where my wife doesn't want her hair messed up, it's been the difference between putting to top down or not.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    s197gt said:

Ever tried to take the beach to work?

• j_smith3j_smith3 Member Posts: 2
    Does this wind deflector come along with the ride? I don’t know, somehow the only wind deflector that works on my Vert is Windblox windblocker. By the way no matter which roadster it is, a wind deflector is a quintessential accessory to keep the hair in form and the cockpit silent.