Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Attractive and High-Quality Interior Design - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Lexus
imageAttractive and High-Quality Interior Design - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Lexus RC F might not quite match up to the ultimate driving machine on a race track, but for daily driving its attractive and high-quality interior might win you over.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    Personally, I do not like analog clocks in a car. I know it is supposed to give the car a higher class feel but it is a useless feature as far as I'm concerned. Plus, since it doesn't have numbers, just lines every 3 hours, it does a poor job of telling me the time too. If I'm driving around and need to know the time, a quick glance at a digital clock will tell me exactly what I want to know. I don't have to stare at it trying to determine exactly where each hand is pointing. Granted, its the difference of a split second glance to a few second look and is mostly a personal gripe. But the majority of people driving nowadays do not need any more reasons to have their eyes not on the road. My final complaint is that they are, typically, not backlit, making them unusable at night. The one in this car might be backlit, I have no idea.
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    I have the opposite view on this. Everything else in the car is digital, to me an analog clock stands out. I can appreciate wanting more demarcations on the dial ( I can figure out the numbers) and I can't imagine it not being backlit,. Otherwise, to each their own.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    That center stack design looks like a piece was taken from three different cars.
  • zoomzoomzoom04zoomzoomzoom04 Member Posts: 2
    The materials seem very nice, but the overall dashboard design seems to say '80s Toyota'
  • locke42locke42 Member Posts: 25
    I love analog dials in cars, clocks included.

That being said, it looks out of place here because everything else in this car is so rectangular.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

The materials seem very nice, but the overall dashboard design seems to say '80s Toyota'

I agree, but you say it like it's a bad thing. If it works why fix it. The cruise control stalk, the wiper stalk with the washer push button on the end, headlight stalk, and the clock in the center of the dash would all be familiar to someone driving a 1990 Camry. The same could be said for someone driving a 20 year old VW and jumped into a brand new GTI. The dash layout and controls would be very similar. Simple, functional and no owner's manual needed. I also like the hard buttons for audio, climate, and seat heaters. The clock could also be a configurable screen that could display different styles of analog clocks or digital displays, whatever the owner preferred.
  • rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    Looking at the abominations out there now, I really sometimes miss 80s Toyota designs.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Loved the Previa.

(that can be taken a couple of ways, but it really did look pretty good for a van)
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I dug the Corolla GTS. Little hatchback sporty car with rear wheel drive.
    The grand daddy to the Toy FRS and this rcF
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    There's something to this design I find off-putting. I know the materials are top notch, but it almost makes me feel uncomfortable looking at it.
    Perhaps a ghost had a say in the look or some such.