Options

How Would Our Crossover Compare Off-Road to the Cherokee Trailhawk? - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Lon

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Jeep
imageHow Would Our Crossover Compare Off-Road to the Cherokee Trailhawk? - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

We drove our 2014 Jeep Cherokee up our Ramp Travel Index ramp to measure its suspension articulation, determine its RTI score and see how it fares against the more formidable Trailhawk model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I will say that those Continental SureContact tires are excellent tires as TireRack reviews will back up.
  • Options
    locke42locke42 Member Posts: 25
    I'm curious, does the Cherokee Trailhawk come with tires suited for off-road? Or do those have to be replaced?
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    trailhawk comes with all-terrain tires. firestone destination AT are shown in the picture above. those are suitable for most off-road adventures.
    locke42 said:

I'm curious, does the Cherokee Trailhawk come with tires suited for off-road? Or do those have to be replaced?

• Options
    fsunolefsunole Member Posts: 25
    So is the CX-5 still the best compact crossover you've tested? http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-5/2014/long-term-road-test/2014-mazda-cx-5-awd-measuring-ramp-travel-index.html

Obviously the Trailhawk can do more offroad with it's 4wd and locking differentials, but I'm kind of shocked that the Mazda has better wheel articulation than the most hardcore version of the Cherokee...
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand why Jeep didn't give all Cherokees the same swept-back lower bumpers, that afford better approach and departure angles, that the Trailhawk gets?