Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Interior Trim Looks Better Than It Feels - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Ford
imageInterior Trim Looks Better Than It Feels - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Some things in today's trucks look more robust than they really are once you use them. The radio and climate control dials in our 2015 Ford F-150 are a perfect example.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    There's nothing wrong with plastic. It's about the action and movement and it's hard for me to believe that it's much more expensive to make one that feels solid and smooth.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Coulda made it out of aluminum...
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    legacygt said:

There's nothing wrong with plastic. It's about the action and movement and it's hard for me to believe that it's much more expensive to make one that feels solid and smooth.

Agreed. Most modern cars have very few controls that aren't made of plastic. Despite that, there are still plenty of examples that feel solid and well-made. German cars are normally pretty good in this respect. My grandma's 2007 A4 comes to mind specifically; all the buttons and knobs work with a solid and satisfying "click" and the interior door handles are made out of actual metal and have a very pleasing heft to them. Using plastic is fine as long as the mechanisms behind them are still of good quality and will last a long time.