Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Driving the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Chevrolet
imageDriving the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro | Edmunds.com

Just a day after it was unveiled to the world, we get a chance to drive an early prototype of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    It will be interesting to see if the "Skip-Shift" feature is still required on models with the V-8 engine and manual transmission.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "The front, side and rear visibility are about the same as before,"
    Too bad, the current car is like looking out of a tunnel. I was hoping they would improve outward visibility. I will still test drive a SS, I'm curious how the magnetic ride shocks work on this platform.
  • Options
    any1thereany1there Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2015
    The LT (V6) model is said to have achieved close to a 300 pound weight reduction; if true, that should be noticeable. I'm disappointed GM made little effort to improve the limited outward visibility of the current car, but with such an attractive overall design and packaging (especially by not decontenting the V6 model, as Ford did with their newest Mustang), I'm really impressed. 'Can't wait to drive one.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    my first impression is that it looks better than the new mustang. it looks smaller and "tighter". proportions seem better. will probably be a better car than the regular GT. i heard another source say they did improve the view outward.
  • Options
    yellowmiatayellowmiata Member Posts: 23
    Odd that "Chevy claims it's the highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V6 in production" and yet Edmund's own data states that the Nissan 370Z Nismo has: "TORQUE 276 ft-lbs. @ 5200 rpm" and "HORSEPOWER 350 hp @ 7400 rpm."
    Edmunds - why do you print things that your own data contradicts? Yes, I know the "Chevy claims" statement was written to absolve you of any misgivings, but the fact that you include a mis-truth undermines your commitment to honest journalism. Just as Dan Edmunds has been promoting true towing numbers with the SAE J2807 standard, perhaps you should hold manufacturers accountable and ask some tough questions when quoted silly statements. OR perhaps send Dan so he can continue his crusade of honesty.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The V6's HP might be greater than that of the old 396BB, but it's torque output will certainly fall well short of the 396.