Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

5,000 Miles - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in BMW
image5,000 Miles - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

We just crossed the 5,000-mile mark in our 2014 BMW i3. In that time it has gained several fans thanks to its unique interior and surprisingly fun to drive nature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    okbeartoyokbeartoy Member Posts: 34
    So is it April 1st again? It was previously reported that the climate control was weak, and that a body panel that appear misaligned needed to be snapped back into place. This article appears to mean that Ed didn't read the previous posts before commenting..
  • Options
    MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101
    okbeartoy said:

So is it April 1st again? It was previously reported that the climate control was weak, and that a body panel that appear misaligned needed to be snapped back into place. This article appears to mean that Ed didn't read the previous posts before commenting..

Actually, this looks more like a quick summary of the major milestones from the last 5000 miles. (Top tip: notice how Ed linked of the related posts within his post.) Should be helpful for any folks coming late to the party.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I think Ed missed the fact that the door panel was easily popped back into place and is not misaligned anymore, and as far as the climate control comments are concerned, he appears to have fallen victim to some sort of autocorrect, because his statement here does not reflect what Erin Riches said in her post. Additionally, I believe that commenter markedwards on that post is correct...the system was set to lowest intensity and that's why it was not a fair test of the system's capability. Whether the fan control just controls the fan speed or BMW's intensity level, you can't set the fan switch to its lowest setting and then complain about the fan lacking oomph.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I think you meant to say "climate control system is NOT the strongest setup we've experienced."