Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Safely Hauls Home The Bacon - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Volvo
imageSafely Hauls Home The Bacon - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

You can haul the mail with the 302-hp 2015 Volvo S60. You can also haul home the bacon with the optional grocery bag holder in the trunk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Those are some substantial hinges! That flip-up lid looks like a very useful feature.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    My Nissan Rogue had a similar thing (but not quite as versatile as this), which I really miss.
  • Options
    pjk2pjk2 Member Posts: 9
    My Ford Pinto had a bigger trunk! You think this is good for this price?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "Lift it up and it stays in place, providing a shorter trunk area that keeps the bags and their contents from sliding forward."

You're looking at half the trunk, buddy.
  • Options
    saulstersaulster Member Posts: 48
    I agree, I like the flip up bag holder feature on my '15 S 60, convenient, easy to use, and out of the way when not in use. Well done by Volvo.

As for the hinges, they do intrude a bit but they are mostly covered and out of the way, no big deal IMHO.

I also agree that this is not the world's biggest trunk but I find it adequate. Really, it is not that small! And, as fordson1 points out, with the flip up flipped up, you are only looking at less than half the trunk.
  • Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Great post, Brent.
  • Options
    seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    That's not a bad solution, most people don't need the entire trunk space for storing groceries. My favorite groceries solution was the fold-down hooks on my old 2006 Jetta TDI. They had hooks on both the left and right side of the fixture, and were VERY sturdy. I seriously overloaded them on a few occasions with many grocery bags full of heavy contents, and they handled the loads without complaint. So simple and effective, I really miss having them on our subsequent cars. It was just one of several unexpected, useful, and sturdy high quality features standard on that A5 Jetta TDI, only appreciated over long use, had no showroom appeal. That Volvo S60 trunk is about the size of most competitors', so it's not a competitive disadvantage as most others are no better.