Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2001 GMC Sierra Starting Issues.....

christine669christine669 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in GMC

Was wondering if anyone else out there has had the same on going problem I have... I have a 2001 GMC Sierra with a 4.8L I have an intermittent issue with my starting. Doesn't matter weather it's nice sunny and hot or pouring rain... My truck will crank just fine but won't start, doesn't even sound like it wants to start. So, I'll get frustrated and walk away. For the hell of it about 15 to 20 minutes later I'll try it again and she'll start fine... I've had it in many different garages and nothing. I did have a remote starting system in it until one garage told me it was that and removed it.. Another garage told me it was the PCM and it was wet inside so, they cleaned it up and resealed it. And yet another garage told me it's my wiring harness in my column... I've about had it with this issue... My wife wakes me up some times around 4am because it won't start and can I bring her to work lol
If anyone has had this issue and has figured out what all of these garage mechanics haven't...Please, help me!!!!
thank you for your time......

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    christine669christine669 Member Posts: 2

P.S. My wife named her Christine...lol call's her an evil [non-permissible content removed]....lmao...