Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Less Than Two Gallons of Gas In Two Months - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in BMW
imageLess Than Two Gallons of Gas In Two Months - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

It's hard to work up monthly fuel and electricity updates on our 2014 BMW i3, but a recent two-month period revealed some interesting insights.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Think you should be taking a look at the odometer...you are talking about a recent two-month period with 1,709 miles of travel, but you sign off with, "Dan Edmunds, Director of Vehicle Testing @ 1,519 miles."
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    This BMW Volt, I mean i3 is kinda boring. I understand you guys probably have some type of contract with BMW to advertise, sorry again, I mean test all of their cars but hurry and wrap this up.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    @fordson1: The odometer on the May 25 entry was 5276, so this entry must be 5519 - maybe? Good catch.

As for the i3, I hate the tiny interior, high price, and goofier-than-Leaf looks. (I drive a Leaf). But your fuel economy is impressive, although I wonder how it would do on range and fuel in an East Coast winter.
  • Options
    stillageekstillageek Member Posts: 114
    gslippy said:

@fordson1: The odometer on the May 25 entry was 5276, so this entry must be 5519 - maybe? Good catch.

As for the i3, I hate the tiny interior, high price, and goofier-than-Leaf looks. (I drive a Leaf). But your fuel economy is impressive, although I wonder how it would do on range and fuel in an East Coast winter.

Have you really been in an I3 interior? We are a two EV household, an I3 and a Leaf. We feel the I3 has a much larger interior even though it only seats 4. In reality the Leaf is also a 4 seats as the back seat isn't very wide. I'll concede on the price and looks....not for everyone.