Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

All Work and No Play - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
imageAll Work and No Play - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

The Edmunds 2015 Chevy Colorado is a good truck, but it's not a toy

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    Agreed WRT the motor. I drove a Camaro V6 vert in Hawaii in 2013 with that motor. It was a dog - rough, unrefined, high inertia and slow in that car. I hated it. I hope the V6 in the new Camaro is better.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I own this very same truck and a '14 Camaro V-6 as well. You certainly won't mistake these plants with a honda or toyota motor. That being said, the same motors have different personalities. The camaro is a manual trans, so it's easier to work the RPM band. It pulls long steep grades in 5th & 6th with little effort. Which I was a little surprised at. The truck requires more revs especially if you are towing anything at or above 3,500 lbs. Neither version is weak in my view. I drive both regularly & enjoy both equally well.
    Use to to own a '92 S-10 2.8, rated at 125 HP. Now that was a dog!
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    It's still a powerful V6; I think I'd happily take the Colorado/Canyon for the interior and never look back.

That said, I wonder how the Vortec V6 that GM chose not to use would compare with the Toyota...
  • Options
    greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    edited June 2015
    According to this youtube reviewer the Colorado is superior to the Tacoma in the following categories: ride, quietness, steering, MPG, value and interior. They rated the powertrain performance about equal. This is from a generally import friendly reviewer: They called the Tacoma "antiquated" and unrefined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_XGGq9fsjE
  • Options
    pridgepridge Member Posts: 1
    The manual shift function that comes with the 6 speed auto should help with that funny shifting. Or there's always a system retune. Trifecta makes a tune that smooths that shifting issue right out, I've heard. I've also heard that the dealerships are now installing the transmission reprogram/system update in-house now... No need to go third party and void the warranty. It supposedly unlocks more torque, HP, improves MPG, and makes the shift points more sensible. I'll be looking into it when I bring mine in for its first servicing.