Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Power liftgate opens on its own - anyone else have this happen?

ja_scottja_scott Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Nissan
Yesterday I awoke to discover that the power liftgate of my 2015 Rogue was sticking up in the air, apparent having opened on its own. It's the third time this has happened. The other times we thought maybe we'd forgotten to close it after unloading, but this time neither of us had used the car the day before.

Other than the obvious possibility that my husband's key somehow activated the liftgate from his pocket without his realizing this (which i think is unlikely to happen three times), any idea why this might happen - perhaps computer glitch or short circuit?

Has this even happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Since there are two remotes, what is the possibility that one did accidentally activate? Biggest problem of new remotes is that they are huge and buttons are easily "pushed" by change, other keys, whatever in pockets and purses. Maybe a pet stepped on it?
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I do not have a Nisson, but do this all the time with keys in my pocket on my GMC and Chevy, few nights ago both were open (caught before bedtime though) :@
  • Options
    carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Similar problems have shown up on MB forum and one person said dealer found that the remote had a short in it.