Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Prius makeover

andy3andy3 Member Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in Toyota
What are the latest rumors about release date for makeover of entire(?) Prius lineup? I am planning to purchase the very newest Prius V, but have heard a rumor that the V will NOT be included in the makeover, until one year later. Any substance to any of this?

Answers

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That's what I've heard too @andy3, but I haven't "verified" anything, and I haven't been following the rumors lately either. Thinking about visiting a dealer soon to see if they have the skinny, but my guess is that we'll have to wait for the 2017 model year for the V to be updated (I think the "main" lineup will get updated for '16).

Anyone?
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Something to think about buying a Prius. This person did not fare well with theirs. A Prius getting rear ended by a Lexus SUV is disastrous for the driver of the Prius.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/El-Cajon-Fatal-Crash-Interstate8-Main-Street-312275581.html
  • rverbruggerverbrugge Member Posts: 1
    Wow. The Prius really didn't hold up well. So sad.