Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

A Little Worse for Wear - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Lexus
imageA Little Worse for Wear - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Lexus RC F is about to leave the Edmunds long-term fleet, and the leather driver seat's outside bolster has acquired an unusual battle scar.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Ouch! Totally unacceptable. You can't sell a car like that, especially for a $75k vehicle. I'll be interested to see what you do - maybe there is an upholstery shop that can do a patchwork to make it less noticeable.
  • Options
    marcsfmarcsf Member Posts: 1
    That doesn't look like normal wear, as there is little wear around it. Looks like someone snagged something on it.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    marcsf said:

That doesn't look like normal wear, as there is little wear around it. Looks like someone snagged something on it.

Agreed. Something punctured that seat.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    That's terrible and I'm not being a Lexus apologist but I have to wonder... given how often you guys curb wheels, etc. did someone sit down with keys in their pockets or snag the bolster? That looks like a puncture and not normal bolster wear.
  • Options
    DebunkerDebunker Member Posts: 49
    Face it, this leather is paper thin. It's posing as a luxury feature, but it's bogus. If you've ever been in a Mercedes from the old days, you'll know what real quality leather is like. It would remind you of what's on a saddle. Same goes for the pathetic wood on dashes today that's so thin you could probably see through it if held up to the light. If you're wondering how cars today offer so many features for so relatively little, it's partly because the materials are mostly mediocre.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    If that was my car, I'd be pretty upset and would complain to the dealer. Lexus dealers are known for providing excellent customer service, so I would see what they can do for me. I also try to not rub the outside bolster so much when I slide into my seat, just to prevent this sort of wear.
  • Options
    miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    marcsf said:

I third the snag, the rest of that bolster looks really good to be so soft.
  • Options
    bigcjmbigcjm Member Posts: 2
    Thats a rip. That is the kind of car you can expect when you have non owners driving the car. Question is which person did it?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I dunno, when I look at the pic it appears lots of the "grain" is worn off the leather. It looks pretty thin from 775 miles away.
  • Options
    ajacobson03ajacobson03 Member Posts: 11
    Someone definitely snagged that, it doesn't look like normal wear and tear at all.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    I am putting in a vote for ultra cheap thin unacceptable leather being used by Lexus. However, I hear they go above and beyond for customer service. One person told me they complained the steering wheel was scuffed and they replaced it no questions asked; no resistance.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion