Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Death Valley Break-in Road Trip - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Dodge
imageDeath Valley Break-in Road Trip - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

As Dan mentioned, our 2015 Dodge Viper has a frustratingly long break-in period. 1,500 miles to be exact.

Well, frustratingly long if you're not me. I loves me a good break-in road trip. I like the long hours behind the wheel. I like that you can't stay at a certain speed for too long. I even like that you can't take full advantage of all the power. It keeps me from even needing the ol' radar detector.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    handbrakehandbrake Member Posts: 99
    There is no doubt in my mind that the people who work at Edmunds have the best jobs in the world. Being able to choose among a Viper, a classic Corvette and my personal favorite, an old Yugo, for road trips...if y'all get paid to do this job, I hope it's minimum wage.
  • Options
    marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    Egan-like writing detected. More like this please, Mr. Magrath.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I had forgotten about the Yugo already. Where are the posts on it?
  • Options
    handbrakehandbrake Member Posts: 99

I had forgotten about the Yugo already. Where are the posts on it?

If you follow the Edmunds Twitter feed there's all sorts of mini-commentary on the Yugo as well as links to Youtube videos. The Yugo Youtube videos are pretty amusing, especially the top speed run.
  • Options
    prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    edited July 2015
    Death Valley.
    Viper.

Cabin temps in the low 200's.