Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Great A/C Shrugs Off Triple-Digit Temps - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Kia
imageGreat A/C Shrugs Off Triple-Digit Temps - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Triple-digit ambient temperatures are no match for the 2015 Kia K900's air-conditioning system, which we've found is one of the best in the business.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    That is impressive. The A/C in my mother's Acura failed twice within a year... and it was barely 95f out.
  • Options
    expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    As one who lives in Phoenix, oh yes this matters. And yet its funny how its still taken for granted until after you buy the car. I lived through some old BMWs with bad a/c from years ago (modern ones are pretty good) and Honda products (as late as 2005) which would cool the interior but the fan had to work at it. The only qualm I have with our Passat TDI is that-- you can cool off but the fan can run a little fast at times. Since it is a "luxury" car you'd expect this out of the Kia, but can't always assume it.. Seat coolers are laregly unappreciated as well. I may need to look back if you covered this but if you didn't, are they good?
  • Options
    drogobagginsdrogobaggins Member Posts: 6
    I lived in Tucson from 1970 to 1993, We did not have a car with A/C until 1977, that was mom's car. Neither my father nor I had A/C in any car until 1988. Now I live in Washington state. If it is above 70, I crank up the air conditioning. My 2006 Mazda 3 had craptastic A/C. My 2014 will blow artic air if you want.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited July 2015
    A/C is a big thing for me too. For all the complaints people have about Honda A/C the only one that was weak was my 1997 Civic. My 98 Accord and 2009 Acura have great A/C. They also never had problems. My girlfriend's 2011 Sonata has really powerful A/C but it takes a minute to get going when it's been soaking in the sun all day. I learned that it's a characteristic of the variable displacement compressor. Takes a while to go to 100% output after a long heat soak. Once at full power it has no problems with any temperature you throw at it. Also, Hyundai/Kia's main HVAC supplier is the Korean division of Visteon, a former division of and main HVAC supplier for Ford. South Korea's tropical humid climate could also be a reason why they have good A/C.