Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Road Trip Turns Compact Sedan Into Favorite Car Ever - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Audi
imageRoad Trip Turns Compact Sedan Into Favorite Car Ever - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

A quick 780-mile round-trip proved just how enjoyable the 2015 Audi A3 is to drive.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I also like how the A3 drives, but I would not buy one over A Golf R
  • Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    LOL -- that you think you need Quattro to cope with some rain.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's California - the highways out there get pretty slippery after a rain. One road-tripping friend of mine was cruising the speed limit heading for LA one year and it started raining. He got pulled over by the troopers twice in ten minutes for going too fast for conditions. Every time it rains it seems like there's a rash of accidents. (triplicate.com)
  • Options
    jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2015
    darex said:

LOL -- that you think you need Quattro to cope with some rain.

+1. No need for Quattro when common sense and bit of caution are what is really needed.

@Steve- the conditions you describe are not unique to CA. This is from the NHTSA: Roads are the most slick 10 minutes after it starts to rain due to rain water mixing with oils on the road. If rainy conditions continue the roads become less slick.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    heh, does a rain make headlines in the morning paper where you live?

It does here in Las Cruces too, and when it's an infrequent event, people forget how it affects the roads. Think snow in border states.

L.A. drivers suck at driving in the rain (Jalopnik)
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2015
    Quattro for rain; and California rain at that. Real rain is when you check to see if your wipers have a setting above high by actually trying to push the stalk to the super high Jesus take the wheel setting.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    After following this test and @sandman_6472 's posts about his wife's A3, I decided I should go check one out. Haven't lived here long enough to realize that the closest dealer is in El Paso, about 45 miles away.
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    I live in the midwest, all I need is good tires and common sense to drive year round in my TSX.
  • Options
    It's the tires.

That said, when I lived in the UP on Lake Superior, our default vehicle was the AWD Outback six months out of the year.