Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Driver's Door Makes Notchy Noise Now - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageDriver's Door Makes Notchy Noise Now - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

After significant body damage and an extended repair, our worst fears may be realized. Our 2015 Acura TLX may never be the same again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    Something's not right...
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    It will never be the same.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    This is a car Acura gave to Edmunds for free for this LT evaluation, then sent engineers to inspect after the repairs, and it still does this? The rest of us plebes would be out in the cold.

How do they think this will impress potential buyers who read this blog for help with a purchasing decision?
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    body shops can make adjustments to doors. i would guess they could do something here.

i brought in a grand cherokee i had previously for some wind noise at highway speeds on the driver's side door. the top of the frame was not sealing well. for $75 a body shop got the door to seal properly.

worth every penny.
  • Options
    zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    Our Acura Legend was involved in an accident and repaired. The driver's door also does that, but much worse!
  • Options
    rooyenrooyen Member Posts: 1
    Cars are involved in accidents every day but the sad thing is that if your car does not go back to the way it was even after experts fix it, Which car brand are customers going to start purchasing now?
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    That sounds like the door stay is loose and the bolts need tightened.
  • Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I agree with s197gt. It might be wise to take the TLX to an independent body shop. Perhaps some adjustments can be made to the door to address the problem. It is difficult to put a price on piece of mind.
  • Options
    dldavedldave Member Posts: 46
    About 10 years ago I was in 5 accidents in 5 years (people liked to hit me) and I can say for certain that it will NEVER be the same. I used different shops each time and with every vehicle there was always some issue. You either have to learn to deal with it or sell the car.
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    How could they let it leave with it making that noise? Did no one test it more than once?