Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Backup Camera and Trailering - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
imageBackup Camera and Trailering - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds long-term update to the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado includes a look at the benefits of a backup camera.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I agree.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Our newest vehicle (2014 Versa Note) is the first we've had with a back up camera. We really don't use it as the first check backing up, rather it's the last thing I look at after checking all directions with the old-fashioned head swivel/mirror check. It is handy for avoiding backing into things or getting lined up backing out of a driveway.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The new F150 does it better by providing a guide line indicating where the trailer hitch is on the truck.
  • Options

The new F150 does it better by providing a guide line indicating where the trailer hitch is on the truck.

That would be handy. Our backup cam has dashed lines indicating the width of the car, color coded to give you a sense of distance.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Its pretty simple. We won't buy a family vehicle without a backup camera. It's that important. Once you get used to it, you'll hate backing up a vehicle that doesn't have one.
  • Options

Its pretty simple. We won't buy a family vehicle without a backup camera. It's that important. Once you get used to it, you'll hate backing up a vehicle that doesn't have one.

For me, the backup camera is like all the other "assists" they put on cars now. Yea, it's a nice aid, but it's not a substitute for actually looking around. I prefer to be the one driving, parking, braking and being aware of what's around my vehicle. B)
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Do I see a Ram EcoDiesel across the street? Looks like Josh and Dan had a fun, truck-filled afternoon!
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I sampled the hitch guideline feature on the new 2015 F-150 at the introduction. Great idea. Works quite well.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    lutzelbergerlutzelberger Member Posts: 1
    I was surprised to see that there is not a to close back up alarm on my 2015 Colorado (audible or blinking triangle ) . Am I missing something ?