Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 MDX Low Battery Warning Light

jateca_80jateca_80 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2017 in Acura
I bought this car in April 2011, brand new and had a 'low battery warning light' issue from the start. Note, I drove the car at least 40 miles a day there. I took it in for a software patch and had the battery replaced. Since I came to WY - colder weather and I don't drive it that much since I'm not working, I have had continuous issues with this same thing. I had to put another new battery in the car in Feb 2013, and then again in Oct of 2014. I finally got a battery charger and use it to keep the battery charged up. Of note, the sensor was replaced in early 2014 when I took it in with this issue. They always tell me that it's just because I don't drive it enough.
I have kept all of my automatic controls off because of the 'battery draw', including my dome lights and continue to have this issue. I put 2000 miles on this car in early July and continued to have this issue. Recently, the sensor apparently went out and, instead of 'low battery' I received a 'replace battery' warning.
Honda/Acura refuses to acknowledge that there is a real problem with the electronics or alternator, etc.
I will never buy another.

Comments

• jateca_80jateca_80 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, the above is a 2011 Acura MDX with Advance and Technology PKG.
  • lovle_06lovle_06 Member Posts: 3
    I've been having the same problem with my 2006 MDX. There is definitely something they're not telling us.