Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Ford
Bury the throttle, stay committed deep into 4th gear and the 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 will show you 130 mph over the blind crest that is Turn 1 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. It's fast, certainly, but there's so much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm not a Mustang guy but this looks and sounds incredible. One question... are they all sold out or actually available to purchase?
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    "Truth is, for us, this is the first Mustang good enough to utterly override the stigma that comes with the name."

wha?

could have done w/out that line. not sure what this "stigma" is (live rear axle? cheap interior?) but it stinks of "top gear", euro-trash, i can't comprehend a drive longer than 5-hrs mentality.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Great googly moogly this thing is hot.

Get one for the LT fleet. Seriously.
  • Options
    independentvyuindependentvyu Member Posts: 5
    I totally agree with s197gt's statement, total bunk review here. Nearly every automotive media guru absolutely hates every Mustang ever built and I don't know why even when the same or similar items or design found in other pony cars are praiseworthy.

When the 2005 Mustang came out every media outlet cried that it was retro styling and that Ford Motor Company was incapable of designing a true modern sports car. The Camaro, Charger and Challenger all died off and when they returned to pony car production they all magically resembled their predecessors with retro style. The Challenger is almost identical in exterior design as the 1971 model. The same automotive media gurus have nothing but inexplicable praise for the 1971 'um I mean 2009-2015 Dodge Challenger.

The truth is that these automotive journalists and their leaders are completely out of touch with real Mustang fans from the beginning. The real "stigma" are these automotive news articles that condemn every Mustang. I agree that every one of the different Mustang models are not perfect and are not for everyone. All of the same people condemned the live axle for twenty plus years and finally got their way and all they do is still complain even though the 2014 Mustang had the best ever live axle under any vehicle made on earth. Even the German engineers agreed.

I am only pointing out fifty years of reading numerous automotive magazines, watching television automotive shows and internet automotive reports. I want to know what Camaro and Challenger "stigma" is because it surely isn't retro style unless it is a Mustang.

I am not knocking the Challenger, the Camaro, or any other car made. I am only reporting on the unjust Mustang reports/reviews over the last fifty years.

Please remember, not every vehicle is for everyone.