Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

MyFord Touch Finally Decent, Does Sync 3 Promise Better? - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Ford
imageMyFord Touch Finally Decent, Does Sync 3 Promise Better? - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

The MyFord Touch Interface in our 2015 Ford F-150 works pretty well. But the superior Sync 3 is coming out for 2016.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I think this system has found the sweet spot of buttons-to-touch ratio. Very important.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    It's either that they found a sweet spot, or the fact that it's about the same and people are just used to it. It's like a toothache. Yeah, when it first starts hurting, it drives you nuts. But after a while, you adjust to the discomfort.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I agree, faint praise.

I really do enjoy how we took a system that wasn't broken (normal radio and climate control), broke it, and are finally fairly close to having something that isn't a detriment to the driving experience, all this time and money later. For the people who actually enjoy these kind of electronics, just give them a plug-in for their phone. It's that easy.

Then again, this wasn't ever really about the consumer's needs, it was always really a feature to market and profit upon...
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    When BMW first introduced iDrive it was garbage, but BMW stuck with it and now it's one of the best systems on the market. Same with MFT, Ford obviously listens to critics and customers and has made it more stable, faster, and easier to use with redundant physical buttons.
  • Options
    jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    VW's MIB-II has been a big improvement over last years. Screen quality is night and day and it's extremely responsive.

Small gripe - when you change the channel or skip a song, it doesn't display on the main screen unless you are in the radio screen so you're blind to where you are changing it to. I also have a new '16 Mazda and same deal. My Infiniti would pop up the song/channel on the bottom of the NAV screen.