Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Tesla Model X Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Tesla

Tesla's Model X has much more in common with the company's iconic Model S sport sedan than with any SUV or crossover we've ever seen, but then that's a big part of its draw. Like the Model S, the all-electric Model X has explosive power, the range of a conventional gasoline-powered SUV, all-wheel drive and a superbly outfitted cabin that can seat up to seven people.

Read the full story here

Comments

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Awesome car. Lots of innovation. I bet that front windshield will cost a fortune to replace if it ever gets chipped by a rock.
  • henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    I thought the exact same thing Schen72!
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    "Tesla wanted to avoid squaring off the Model X to fit sliding doors, and also wanted to avoid any comparisons to a minivan." They should've just made it a wagon! Would've been so much sleeker in the rear. Still, a ton of innovation here, if this is the future, then it'll be an interesting future indeed.
  • carreragt3carreragt3 Member Posts: 9
    I happen to have a 2015 BMW X5 50. So, since they used an X5 for comparison, suppose I drove the piss out of this Tesla like I do my X5--throw in a canyon or two--what would my range really be? 120 miles? 110 miles? How many chargers are there on the way from Vegas to Salt Lake City, where you can drive 95 mph? Tesla still makes an electric city car with an iPad dash...who cares!!?? Its range is a joke. Get an i8 to drive around town in. That car has eyeball. Teslas look like Ford Focuses--boring.
  • ttw1ttw1 Member Posts: 6
    "One of the most unique features of the Model X is its rear doors." Doesn't unique mean "one of a kind"? So how is it possible to modify unique? Should it not be "One of the unique features of the Model X"?
  • redxsageredxsage Member Posts: 21
    The Model X is absolutely stunning. I expect it will become the car that most associate with Tesla Motors in rather short order. They will appear on the arrival strip to red carpet events from the Golden Globes and Grammys to the Tony Awards and Oscars. I believe this will be the platform for which the ultimate works of art are built by automobile customizers looking to fulfill the needs for NBA and NFL players for some time to come. The Model X will be everywhere in Los Angeles by this time next year, with more to come.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    redxsage said:

They will appear on the arrival strip to red carpet events.

I remember when the Prius had that honor. ;)
  • davehesterdavehester Member Posts: 1
    I wonder if anyone knows that Tesla Model X P90D Ludicrous Founders Edition is the quickest production SUV in the world.
    This awesome green car has been tested on track against a Tesla Model S P90D Ludicrous.
    http://www.alternative-energies.net/tesla-model-x-p90d-versus-tesla-model-s-p90d-both-ludicrous-in-a-new-drag-race/