Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Our Pioneer Head Unit Is a Worthy Addition to Any Used Car - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Dodge
imageOur Pioneer Head Unit Is a Worthy Addition to Any Used Car - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

As we've learned with our 2007 Dodge Charger and its new, advanced Pioneer entertainment unit, sometimes the less technology in an older car, the better.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I would love to add a double-DIN CarPlay receiver to my two cars- a 2001 Camry LE and 2010 Odyssey LX. It would fit in both cars. I just don't know if I want to shell out the money. Very cool tech, though!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I always worry about what kind of electrical gremlins may pop up after adding something like this to the wiring harness.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I dunno, there's something I don't trust about Pioneer with smart apps. I'd be very excited to get a pure Google branded device, though. They should make that happen - they'd sell a whole ton.
  • saxdoggsaxdogg Member Posts: 38
    @stever It really shouldn't create any gremlins. You can solder in a wiring adapter to the head unit and plug right into the cars harness, leaving you the ability to go back to stock anytime. I've done it a few times, never a problem. You just have to research....systems like OnStar, steering wheel controls, etc. always throw in a wrench...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    At least the SRT8 out of warranty. Sure have read a lot of posts about aftermarket security systems and remote starters causing problems over the years, not so much stereos. Haven't done a car stereo since 1982.