Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda CR-V LX questions

crvlx2015crvlx2015 Member Posts: 11
edited October 2015 in Honda
I just started looking for a new CRV. I got some offers from my local dealer (central texas).

One offer is 2015 2wd LX CRV the price is $22,490.00 + $299.00 exterior paint warranty + TT&L

Another one is $22,688+ttl Including National Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

I also saw a price promise of $22,121 from a dealer close to 200 miles away.

Any suggestion?

I want a white car.

Comments

• Options
    BTW, what is exterior paint warranty?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2015
    It's a junk fee - just extra profit for the dealer. There's probably some fine print about washing and waxing to keep it in force, and if you try to make a claim, they'll likely figure out a way to deny the claim. The "National Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" is pretty much a junk fee too.

TMV is coming in very close to invoice at $23,086. That's an average and lots of people are getting $1,000 to $1,500 below invoice.

200 miles of driving in Texas is nothing (unless you're driving around Dallas or Houston!). So I like your Price Promise quote a lot. :)
  • Options
    OK, so just something that sounds nice but basically meaningless.

I was very frustrated when I saw none of the responses comes anywhere close to the average price shown here....

You are right. Everything is spreaded out, and 200 miles driving is not that huge in Texas. From Central Texas, 200 miles is still far away from any border :(

I also have a 2006 CRV, and it is necessary to trade in at the same dealer if I finally do need to drive 200 miles. Have no idea how to go there and get another car back unless I drive an old car and bring the new one in on my return trip.
    stever said:

It's a junk fee - just extra profit for the dealer. There's probably some fine print about washing and waxing to keep it in force, and if you try to make a claim, they'll likely figure out a way to deny the claim. The "National Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" is pretty much a junk fee too.

TMV is coming in very close to invoice at $23,086. That's an average and lots of people are getting $1,000 to $1,500 below invoice.

200 miles of driving in Texas is nothing (unless you're driving around Dallas or Houston!). So I like your Price Promise quote a lot. :)

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dealers are pretty creative about getting cars delivered. They can send porters to your house or deliver the new car to you and drive the trade-in back. Just tell 'em what you need and they'll probably figure some way to accomodate you.