Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Let There Be Flashlight - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Jeep
imageLet There Be Flashlight - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk has a useful removable flashlight built into the cargo area that stays charged off of 12-volt power.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    What's the circular item with the key logo and what appears to be "on/off" above and to the right of the flashlight's location on the panel?
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    The fast forward from Pheaton to Renegade skips over the Caliber/Compass/Patriot which have this feature as well.
  • Options
    jelfalanjelfalan Member Posts: 14

What's the circular item with the key logo and what appears to be "on/off" above and to the right of the flashlight's location on the panel?

That's a 12V DC power outlet. The key logo, I believe, indicates it's active when the accessory power is on.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    jelfalan said:

That's a 12V DC power outlet. The key logo, I believe, indicates it's active when the accessory power is on.
    Thanks, Jelfalan
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Chrysler has been doing the flashlight thing for years.
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    Lets not forget the BMW flashlights as well. I keep a little Streamlight Nano in the door pocket of my car, because you can't rely on the iPhone light alone for continued usage.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2015
    Big spender - I have a couple of freebie Harbor Freight led flashlights in my door pocket on my van. :D

The magnetic ones are great for sticking onto the exterior if need be. Until the magnet becomes unglued, lol.