Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

15,000 Miles and Counting - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Ford
image15,000 Miles and Counting - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com's long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT has been nearly bulletproof for its first 15,000 miles. Babied? Hardly. We've driven the tires off it. Twice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Once y'all get through putting on all the "day two" mods, I'd like to see a price comparison on what a factory "upgraded" Mustang would have cost to be comparable to what y'all have done. After the suspension bits, exhaust, etc., what about what the cost would have been for a Roush, Saleen, or Shelby package from the factory with a similar setup? Would it have been more cost-effective to have all of it on the car, day one, as opposed to piece-milling it with parts and labor over the span of the year.
  • Options
    defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    Awesome. The 5.0 is noted for its durability, like the 4.6L before it which saw duty in the 2010 and prior GT's and Crown Victorias/
    I'm also glad to hear the electronics and the rest of the stuff is holding up well given this is an all new design and early first year build. Impressive, but we should all expect good reliability in a new car regardless.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, what's the total bill now if it started at $46k? Well over $50k I presume for a middle class performance car now being designed for the Track? Makes no sense to me. If you want a Track car, you can buy a purpose built one for next to nothing and likely get some impressive numbers. Modifying a brand new $45k? Not so sure. I appreciate you using Ford parts and that should help resale, but I really don't "get it". You really want those track mods on your daily commute???
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    I've always owned dual purpose DD/Track Toys, but I balk at spending close to $50k to make the car track-capable. Maybe it's a good thing that the GT Premium I almost bought sold before I decided to buy it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive