Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Handy for Holding the Wallet - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Dodge
imageHandy for Holding the Wallet - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Maybe the Dodge boys had it right back in 2007, with a handy slot seemingly custom-designed for wallets on Edmunds' long-term 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    I'm pretty sure it was originally designed for cell phones (pre smartphones) or pens.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I keep my wallet on me at all times. Leaving a wallet sitting there wide open has to be a big "break in and steal me" sign if you forget to get it out of the car. Agreed, sure its for cell phones... at least for "dumb" phones back in 2007.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I'm going to guess, since I don't have the dims, that it was probably originally for a CD case. But, whatever it's original purpose, it's nice that you can use it for your wallet because either:
    1) You'll have it handy for when you're stopped for speeding, exhibition of speed, or noise ordinance violations; or:
    2) When the car has problems and you need to be towed, you've got the Triple A Card handy.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    "Now I know not everyone carries a wallet (hello, ladies), but a good portion of the population does." True, but a good portion of the wallet-carrying population sees no need to remove a wallet from the pocket while driving. I know I don't.