Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Culprit for Slow Leak Revealed - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Ram
imageCulprit for Slow Leak Revealed - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

The slow tire leak in Edmunds' long-term Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is solved: A small nail was the culprit. A quick trip to a tire shop and the Ram is back on the road.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    Unusual, all mine have been in the passenger side rear tire. Lots more nails near the gutter for the front tire to stand up.
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    What gauge do you use? I'm looking for a reasonably priced good one.
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Good thing you did not take it to the dealer.....they would have spent $10K and replaced the wheels and tires along with muffler, seat cover, headlights...........................
  • Options
    jerrry44jerrry44 Member Posts: 16
    I thought flat repair was free at most tire shops.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,751
    No it's not. The ones that play the game of fixing flats "for free" market for the easiest work, such as the flushes, and undercar services and they don't provide training and the kind of compensation for their technicians that reflect a lifelong career. That's why repairs of even average difficulty can be beyond them have them telling you to take it to the dealer. Now some of them will of course object to that being said but see if they will do diagnostics and repairs with the vehicle security systems (OEM) or air bag systems, parking assist etc. That line where their capabilities stop is in part created by what they don't charge correctly for. That's why the tendency to see very few if any senior technicians working at such shops is so common.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Might be more of a Western thing. Les Schwab in Boise fixed a lot of flats for me for free, including patching a riding mower flat one time. Never did buy tires from them but did have a couple of oil changes done. I think Big O offered the same service and maybe Discount Tire. The guys at Les always appreciated my tip.