Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Dodge Charger - Edmunds Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Dodge
2007 Dodge Charger - Edmunds Road Test

I rarely go anywhere these days without a group of kids and a load of backpacks, so ease of loading both people and their stuff is a high priority. Only took one quick trip in our 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 test car to remind me how far vehicles have come in regards to ergonomic design.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    1st world problems.
  • Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    Not a big fan of the bare metal on the underside of the trunk lid either.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    You need to look into getting Mopar part number 4628936Af. For about $100 this will get you a trunk lid liner which will look way better than the bare metal.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    ryster said:

You need to look into getting Mopar part number 4628936Af. For about $100 this will get you a trunk lid liner which will look way better than the bare metal.

Nice! Some times the liners come with a build-in handle too. Not sure about this one though...
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I really hate it when manufacturers skimp on an interior grab handle. I don't want to touch the outside of the car to close the trunk. Not only would my hands get dirty, but I would be smudging dirt into the paint and eventually you'll have permanent finger marks.
  • Options
    csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    Wow! If this were a "luxury" car, I could understand it. But it's a Dodge. This isn't a car for upscale NYC art museum showings. Trunk lid liners just add weight and cost. The small amount of dirt you'll get on your hands can be easily wiped off on any nearby piece of clothlike material, I prefer the inside of my pockets. As for permanent finger marks, I don't know, but I've been closing my trunk like this since 2007 and have no indications what-so-ever of permanent marks. I'm betting the same holds true for this car.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    csubowtie said:

Wow! If this were a "luxury" car, I could understand it. But it's a Dodge. This isn't a car for upscale NYC art museum showings. Trunk lid liners just add weight and cost. The small amount of dirt you'll get on your hands can be easily wiped off on any nearby piece of clothlike material, I prefer the inside of my pockets. As for permanent finger marks, I don't know, but I've been closing my trunk like this since 2007 and have no indications what-so-ever of permanent marks. I'm betting the same holds true for this car.

I just don't think of a $0.05 piece of plastic grab handle to be luxury. Luxury would be a power trunk activated by a button, which many luxury cars actually do have.