Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I Still See You - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Hyundai
imageI Still See You - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Hyundai Sonata is a solid all-around vehicle, but a little blue light creates a big headache.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I've seen this feature in numerous late-model vehicles. It's a shame there's not a clearly-labeled off switch. How hard would that be?
  • Options
    dfrissdfriss Member Posts: 23
    2 words" Electrical Tape'...
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Nearly all moderns cars now have tiny pinhole LEDs to provide ambient light. I personally like it and don't see any problem. But then, I also never dim my panel this much.
  • Options
    kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    In 2009 the Subaru Forester used a small blue led light in roof's console to illuminate the transmission console controls. for 2014 the light was changed to amber.
  • Options
    latonicklatonick Member Posts: 5
    The lit up homelink buttons at the bottom of the rearview mirror are the ones that drive me nuts. Can't figure out how to turn them off on the 2012 Sonata. Auto dimming is great for the mirror, but the purpose is defeated with lit up buttons constantly glaring at you.
  • Options
    gunner83gunner83 Member Posts: 2
    My wife complains about the light but I don't even notice it. I sit a head higher so it might be an angle problem.